Monday, November 29, 2010

Ending Explorer Unit and Looking Forward

Today I showed my class the Animoto video.  They loved it!   I think this was a great way to end our unit on Explorers.  The kids really enjoyed it and are looking forward to doing this type of group work again. 

I told the class that we would be using this type of goup format again in the spring when we cover the American Revolution.  I plan on focusing the class on the causes of the Revolutionary War.  Again, I will have 5 groups.  Each group will focus on a different cause of the war.  1) Stamp Act and Sugar Act  2) Boston Massacre 3) Boston Tea Party 4) Intolerable Acts and 5) Lexington and Concord.  They each will be assigned a paragraph to write.  Instead of a map they will need to make a timeline of events.  

The historical thinking skill we will be focusing on is "Determining the significance of different kinds of Historical Change." 

No comments:

Post a Comment